Thursday, February 21, 2008

When our kite lines first crossed, we tied them into knots

Alright, so here is my first attempt to share some music. Recently I've rediscovered an amazing song by The Shins, "Pink Bullets." I think this may very well be my favorite Shins song. It's from their rarely mentioned second album, "Chutes to Narrow," which I highly suggest picking up if you don't already have it. Anyway, it's a great song with great lyrics, and it has a cool music video that you can view below.



With the Shins in mind, I think anyone who has not heard of the somewhat similarly sounding "Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin" should check them out. I saw this band at Tufts University last year for free and they were awesome. I have a feeling that despite the long name, their indie-pop sound will continue to gather a big following. They have a new CD coming out on April 8th. You can download a live daytrotter session of "Travel Song" from their first album, "Broom" below.

Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - Travel Song

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pink bullets is one of my all-time favorite songs. GOOD CHOICE.

(and now back to my nietzsche essay...)