Friday, December 26, 2008

tis the season

Merry Christmas, happy holidays, crisp Kwanzaa, etc. Hope the season treated everyone well. I thankfully received a brand new, pretty decent digital camera, so I should be able to throw a lot more pictures up on this here blog. But for now, a new song! This one is from a band known as American Analog Set, hailing from the Austin, Texas indie scene (spoon, okkervil river, explosions in the sky, etc). This band defines simple, low-fi, mellow music. A great band to listen to when relaxing in a nice heated room on a cold winter day with a cup of hot chocolate. The lyrics are really simple but I like them a lot, so I've decided to post them.

And her mom's from Indiana and she
She married an Asian man and they
They brought her from Japan to be
Happily suburban and I
I met her one summer when I was
I was just visiting ten days
Her wrists were island thin but she
She smiled like her Indy kin
And she's half

She's into strictly rich and
Overworked businessmen
She don't remember when
She used to hold my hands
After the Rollerland
After she closed the stand
Now it's supply and demand
And it just comes down to the math
And she's half

American Analog Set - She's Half

No comments: