Wednesday, April 15, 2009

it's essential to coffee

American Analog Set are the perfect band to sit back and relax to, as well as sip some coffee, light up a j, and perhaps read a book. They fit the soundtrack for both a rainy Sunday and a fine summer night. Andrew Kenny, the main man behind this band from the glorious indie scene in Austin, Texas, now has a new band on Barsuk Records called "The Wooden Birds." From what I've heard, it sounds a lot like American Analog Set but a little folksier, and perhaps a bit more bass heavy. I really like it and I'm looking forward to grabbing their first CD when it comes out on May 12th. They are also playing TT the Bears on April 18th. If I had money I would go. For now, we have this song.

The Wooden Birds - Sugar

1 comment:

jfitz said...

gonna try to download "Know By Heart", I listened to them on last.fm and they sound pretty good.